Color and Movement

|






















Recently I did several arrangements using some beautiful Balou cymbidium orchid blooms and kohlrabi. The light green color and almost squid-like tendrils on the kohlrabi seemed perfect for ikebana, and I loved working with them. Combined with the butterscotch coloring of the orchids, the kohlrabi was a perfect companion in color and movement. Several different arrangements were made, and lots of combinations tried. I shot these with the late afternoon sunlight for a different feel from the studio lighting shots. My hope is to bring some life into my photography. During the month of January I took a few photography classes with photographer Eliot Cohen in an effort to get to know my camera and to help me understand how to shoot better photos . Which brings me back to the various ikebana artist websites, books, and magazine articles I have been exploring. Seeing how they photograph what they are doing, and how the background setting influences their work . It's all food for thought, and a way to think about what I want to do and how to make it work for me.

2 comments:

Frederick Nunley said...

These show how much more sophisticated you are getting with both the flower arrangements and the camera. Keep up the good work.

Cynthia Morris said...

These are incredible. I love the kohlrabi. Very space-age!

 
Locations of visitors to this page